Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling group basic mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotelmotelpatel

Technical User
Sep 6, 2012
US
Customer has a IPO basic mode, R9.1 8, 1400 series phones, call ring into AA, press digit for calling group, rings all phones in that group, if someone answers first call, if second call comes in, they said they were able to put first call on hold and press the green lamp of the the second call and answer second call. The issue is the second call never lights up the second line key on the phone (lamp supposed to turn green)and if you put the first call on hold, you are still not able to hit the line key (which is still red) to answer the second call, the second remains ringing other extensions that are in that calling group, which any of them can pick up the second call. ?????
Thanks in advanced

IF this was an Essential I would advise turning on call waiting for the user. Perhaps there is a
setting in basic. Otherwise upgrade to Essential. Alternative would be to see if the set can use a pickup key
to grab the call.

You haven't exactly give us much to work with, the customer told you it works, but then that it doesn't work. - call me confused.

The line keys probably need checking to ensure that they actually match the lines of the first and second call. Otherwise, look at adding Group Pickup button on the phones so its independent of whichever line the calls are on.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

The customer said that's the way it was working,The AA answers after zero rings, press digit for calling group, when the first call would ring in the incoming calling group,the person would answer the call, if a second call rang into the calling group, the 2nd line key would turn green, the person could put the first call on hold, and answer the second call. I believe they must have some type of power fluctuation, what happen was the members of the calling group were gone, put all of them back in. Calling group was ringing the phones associated with that calling group. Only issue is the customer said it was working as stated in above before all members of calling group disappeared. The lines all appear on the sets. Makes no difference if they are set for no ring, delayed, or immediate. They pressed no key for pickup. They did not have Essential, was running in basic mode. I tried it on another 9.1 basic mode and it performs the same way as it is acting now. Abbreviated ringing on or off does not make a difference. Hope this helps a bit more. Thanks.
I never seen it working this way, just what I was told how it was working.

Can you look at an old backup to see how it was set up..
Is it PBX mode or Key System mode

Is the buttons line appearance or call appearance..

If the users were removed from the group and you added them in you may also have to remove the line appearances..save. The config.

Then re add the line appearances / call appearance again and save…

Just a update, Right after I posted the 2nd post, I switched the system from Key to PBX mode. It worked just like the customer had stated, so what ever happened when they lost all their members in the calling group, it also flipped them from PBX to key mode. Thanks for the help, Star for snowman50 also for PBX or Key mode question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back