Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calling a mobile number and transfer without answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunrise72

Programmer
Aug 4, 2005
IT
Good morning, our operator asks the option of calling a mobile number and transfer it to an internal user without waiting for mobile number answers and transfer it to an extension without requiring response.
If I try to call a mobile number with the line apperance 1, if I try to put on hold before the number answers the call is dropped.
If waiting for that mobile number answers and put the call on hold all function properly
the operator complains because the previous Ericsson pbx this function was possible speeding up of the call transfer times.
Ip office our version is 9.0 SP3, while the operator uses an Avaya 1416, the external lines are of type sip trunk
is there any setting to be enabled, or is there some trick to enable this feature?

Thank you

Try waiting for the other end to ring once on a blind transfer.

Now experiencing escalation fatigue.

Aye, Do it the other way around, Call the user then transfer them to the mobile?

I cant think of many reasons for such a horrible working practice, except maby for a Director living in the stoneage.

This is precialy the task Bridged apperances are designed for (but ony practical if the receptionist/secretariy is managing a small number of people)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Thanks to the help me , as soon as possible , I try to call before the user and then transfer the mobile
Bridge Apperance is very nice , but my receptionist manage about 300 user .

Other solutions are there?

The operator complains that may no longer work as before

Thanks All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back