Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling a field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am attempting to modify some code that was programmed by a previous employee at my firm.
The code, which I modeled after some previous code that does work:
<tr><td>
<strong><%=Application(&quot;CompoundClinicalD&quot;)%:</strong><BR><BR> <blockquote>
<%extv = rs1(&quot;Clinical&quot;)%>
</blockquote>
</td></tr>
The code should call the field CompoundClinicalD, which was defined through another web .asp page, from a backend database. The second field, Clinical, is defined in an &quot;update&quot; .asp page. The CompoundClinicalD field does not appear (just the &quot;:&quot; appears), but the Clinical field appears. I checked the database, and it does record the field information and seems to execute the queries with the field names.

Due to the &quot;Application&quot; infront of the CompoundClinicalD field, I tried finding a global.asa file, but there isn't one. Do you have any suggestions? Is there a way that a global.asa file could be hidden?

Do a search for text in files from the site level down for Application(&quot;CompoundClinicalD&quot;)= . This will show where this value is set. If you don't find this then is probably an eval statement (eval(&quot;Application(&quot; & somefieldname & &quot;)=&quot; & somefieldvalue & &quot;)&quot;) or something like that. The global.asa is always held in the root of the site. If it isn't there then its not being used. It may be hidden but just set your folder properties to view it.

Later, [sig]<p>Rob<br><a href=mailto:robschultz@yahoo.com>robschultz@yahoo.com</a><br>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br>
"Focus on the solution to the problem,<br>
not the obstacles in the way."<br>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/sig]

try to view the code for the other .asp page coz i supposed that this line was omitted..

<%
Application(&quot;CompoundClinicalD&quot;) = rs(&quot;CompoundClinicalD&quot;)
%>

hope this help, [sig]<p>Jun Nantes<br><a href=mailto:bhudz@junnantes.com>bhudz@junnantes.com</a><br><a href= Nantes Official Internet Site</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back