Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callforward for another Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkantur

Systems Engineer
Aug 28, 2020
DE
Is it possible to set a Callforwarding for another Station?

SIP Station for SIP Station.

CM / SMGR / SM 7.1

Yes, you have to change the COR on your station. Then dial the feature code, extension to be forwarded, and forward to number. But if you give the permissions to someone else's phone, keep in mind they can do it for any extension in the organization......or at least in the same TN I believe.

okay thanks!

Do you know which feautre the Cor needs to set the call forwarding?

Sorry, I misspoke. It's the COS. The COS will need Console Permissions. I think it's 0 by default. I would just keep that access to myself though.

Yeah i have set in the Cos the console permission for the user.

Problem:

i dial *04 ( feature access code for call forwarding all ) and dial station which i want to forward.

It activates directly the callforwarding for my station.

try also with : *04xxx#xxx or *04stationAstationB

all the same.

Test it with Workplace.

The console permission needs to be on the phone doing the forwarding. Not the recipient's phone.
I tested this earlier on my phone. I forwarded someone else's extension to a different number.
If my station didn't have the console permission, then it just assumed I was trying to forward my own calls and stopped as soon as the phone number was entered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back