Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

callers get a dial rone when they call

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekphone

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2003
US
I have a legend magix. Problem is incoming calls are getting a dial tone. half the callers get through to the AA the othr half get a dial tone. Telco said there is no problem on there side? Please explain step by step because I am more of a definity man

i forgot it is a super-trunk not a pri

Are ALL calls coming in on PRI, or are some coming in on POTS lines. Perhaps local calls on POTS, and 800 calls on PRI?

Pepperz@charter.net

sounds like some trunks are set for dedicated remote access.

Thanks guys it turned out to be the trunk group had droped 4 channels. it drop the second channel and I believe the 5, 7, 9. So when an incoming call came in it took the first channel any other calls coming did not know where to go so they were droped

SO the DIAL TONE was coming from THE CALLERS END, not your system!

I have no idea. I dont now. When the caller got the dial tone after the call he had to hang up to make another call.

What happens when you try it?

Or is this just a one time thing???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back