Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callers does not hear ringing when call forward to external is active

Status
Not open for further replies.

1jose

Technical User
Sep 22, 2006
US
Here is the problem I have IP 500 v.2 REL.6.0.18 a user set with DID to forward unconditional to a external number, if I call the DID call go thru yet I don’t hear the phone ringing the call would go thru and is able to connect fine the only problem is callers don’t hear the phone ringing there for they hang-up before it connect
thanks

what sort of lines are you using? SIP, or ISDN.
sounds like a carrier thing, but you could search for alerting message in monitor trace if using ISDN, am pretty sure it sends an acknowledgement or Rx ISDN message that it's "alerting"
Can you change the destination number, and see if you get the same thing forwarding to different carriers. Ie change the forwarding dest to a mobile, then change to another landline. Are results consistent across all?

Cheers,

Chris

Thank you, Chris
I’m using ISDN PRI/T-1

Line type =PRI
Switch type =5ESS
Provider =att
And if I change the destination number to a different area number it work

Turn on announcements for the user and increase the timer before the first announcement and it will play ringing for the caller.

If the user turns off forwarding are you able to hear ringing? This issue was referenced in the 5.0(22) maintenance release and I used that to correct one of my systems using SIP trunks that was experiencing the same issue. Wonder if problem is back in 6.0.

yes works both ways, just turn up the first timer so it is longer than the VM answer timer otherwise the caller hears "im sorry but all of our operators are busy"

Thank you guys I’ll try that

I tried the announcement the same way you described and it work customer happy for the moment I will open a case with Avaya on this issue most likely ill be charge if they find that the issue is with the carrier we’ll see thanks all you guys for the tips and Thank you baldwincl

It is not a carrier problem. I have the issue with 2 systems on 6.0.14 and had the issue with 6.0.8 also.

hmmmm.. I'm thinking it could be an Avaya thing too...
I saw this on a site running version 3.0.59 I think it was, where 3 different systems,
1 X 406V2, 2 X 403, all with VCM's linked via LAN in 3 different buildings.
The 403 sites used the LAN/ H323 to access the ISDN lines on the 406, so all local lines were in the main office.
it seemed to only occur when calling from the 403 sites across the SCN to the ISDN lines (with Telstra NZ) to Vodafone NZ GSM Mobile phones.
ie if a user on the 403 just dialed out to a mobile even. they just got dead air.
We did receive an alerting message in the trace, but no actual ringing tone in the ear piece.

With Telstra here in NZ they query whether all the progress, ringing, busy tones etc are provided by the Avaya / Customer provided equipment etc. or whether they should provide it at the exchange.

Sorry not much more help, but something odd is going on...

Hi all,

I am working on a IPO vs2, Rls6.08 (going to upgrade to 6.018 soon).
Does anyone have a step-by-step cheat sheet on how to get the VM to delay ringing before picking up. I can get it to pick up immediately just fine. But I cannot seem to figure out how to get it to ring a set number of phones before picking up.

MRoberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back