Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallerID issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

daras

Technical User
May 20, 2008
GR
Hi,

I ve an IP Office 500 vesrion 5.0.26 and i 've experienced the following problem.

I ve configured 3 call appearance buttons for 2 Avaya 1616 phones and when i am on the phone on 1 line and another person is callng me i cannot see the callerid of the caller.

I used to 've 5610sw phones and i didnt have any issues.

Do i ve to configure the appeareance buttons on the phone directly and not in the manager ?

Thanks

Press the down arrow key while the call is alerting.

Let me play my playmo please.

Thanks for your answer

is this the only way to see the callerID ?

No, poke around the phone menus for the Show Waiting Call function; Features | Phone User | Phone Screen Settings | Show Waiting Call.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

@Sizbut, Did you mean i was incorrect or were you just showing an alternate method?
Please correct me if i'm wrong, i like to know.

Let me play my playmo please.

No so much an alternate method, but a way to always have the new call automatically show on the screen. You can't set it from Manager, but there is a field for it in the complete configuration .csv export. If you use that to import your users on a new system, you can pre-set it so the installer doesn't need to remember to do a boatload of phones and miss some along the way.

Show Call Waiting

To show call waiting details:

• Press the FEATURES softkey.
• Press PHONE USER and press SELECT or OK.
• Select PHONE SCREEN SETTINGS and press SELECT or OK.
• Select SLOW WAITING CALL.
• Press CHANGE to change the setting between ON or OFF
• Press DONE.

AND/OR

Set the Display Screen Width

To set the display screen width:

• Press the FEATURES button.
• Press PHONE USER and press SELECT.
• Select PHONE SCREEN SETTINGS and press SELECT.
• Select DISPLAY MODE.
• Press CHANGE to change the setting between DUAL or SINGLE column.
• Press SAVE.

Show Call Waiting will bring the waiting call details on the display instead of the connected call.
Setting the Phone display screen width to single line will show call info in a full line.

Try and selct your preference setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back