Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller name display

Status
Not open for further replies.

busman77

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2006
GB
I have a lot of users configured in CallManager (4.2) simply so that they appear in the Corporate directory - they do not have devices associated. Is there any way to make phones display the incoming user's name instead of the incoming number?

When you build the phones, put the User's name in the Alerting Name field and the Display field on the Directory NUmber Configuration page.

Thanks, but I probably didn't make it clear that these "users" do not have phones - they are external numbers that are created as users so that they appear in the Corporate directory. Internal users names appear correctly, as they are configured in the Alerting field.

Sorry, your post was clear, I was dazing when I read it the first time. Unless your gateways support incoming CallerID name and number, I don't know of any way to get this done.

would a cti route point solve this. I have several users who do not have Cisco phones or just vm or just work from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back