Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller List on 1120/1140 not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamovoCH

Technical User
Jul 3, 2008
CH
Hi,
we have a CS1000E with Rel. 5.5 on CPPM and CPPM_SS installed.

Personal Directories Server Configuration is correct, System has actual DepLists for CS and SS. Phone Firmware is actual.

When we press "Caller List" on Phone, Display shows Server Error and on SS the following message appears: "Failed to decode the TN received from Terminal, Terminal Restartet".

Any Ideas on this???

Thanks

Best regards from Switzerland,
Mike

her a printout from the SigServer.

10/10/2008 09:19:38 LOG0004 CSV: Failed to decode the TN retreived from terminal
10/10/2008 09:19:41 LOG0004 CSV: Terminal restarted

I think the callserver will create the personal directory for the phones on the sigserver, but the SigServer has any problems.

I check a second time the E-LAN IP adress and the adress in the personal directory menu on the elementmanager, its the same number.

Best regards from Switzerland,
Marc

no usually simple just put the Sig Server ELAN address of the PD server in Element manager then edd. Should then build the PD, caller and redial lists automatically.

Did a search on Nortel for the problem and didn't find anything relevant.

We did a search on Nortel Solution Base but found nothing similar!

works fine for me.
server configuration : Elan IP address of the sig server
try to perform a scheduled backup to one of your network folder and see if the file is generated and what size it has.

Current recommended firmware for 5.5 is 062xC6E. Is that what you are running on the IP Phone 1120E/1140E?

Had the same problem when we went from 4.5 to 5.0. Element Manager on 4.5 had the C-Lan IP Address. We needed to change that in 5.0 to the E-Lan Address. Sound like its an IP Address porblem.

we have C6E as Firmware on the Phones.

How can I find what the elan address is? Do I see this on the Element Manager Configuration page? Do I then put this address as the PD Server Address?

Thanks,

Just had a Rls 5.0 that I set up ELan of PD Server and all it said when you tried to enter PD on the Phones was that it was Building the PD and it was not accessable. After a couple of days I Sys Loaded the switch for a different issue and it all came right. Two birds with one stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back