Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller is blocked when callin in on PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meaghan3

Vendor
Oct 25, 2006
US
All callers with private numbers are blocked from calling in on pri,US Lec tested with T-Bird and say's it's our problem. I am running 7.0 0x32 Pri. Any help. I have worked on Norstar since 1.0, can't figure this one. Tech support is no help.

Iff its the norstar - just a loooong shot ... what is your bus name setting? any CBC routing? what CO switch?

other than that - AFAIK blocking calls that dont present CLID info can be blocked only at the CO (on analog trunks)

what problem did the t-bird find?

If you call from a private number you get a click, then a busy.If you un-block your number it works.

Inbound calls with no, or unrecognized inbound digits should be routed to your attendant set. I haven't run into this problem, but what is the prime set on lines 1-23?

IF YOUR SAYING THAT A PERSON CAN CALL FROM THERE PHONE AND GET THROUGH, THEN DO A *67 TO BLOCK CLID THEY CAN'T GET THROUGH YOU BETTER GO BACK TO US LEC

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Unfortunately, you have to jump through the phone companies hoops sometimes(and occasionally hold their hand, too). A T-Berd is a DS1 level test box. You need someone to look at q.931 to see why the calls are not making it (in or out). A T-Berd will not show a d-channel out-of-service or a protocol mismatch. If you can't get a box that reads q.931 yourself, open a ticket for the DS0 group at Telco.....some of those switch guys are very sharp.

I think RikRodgers is on the right path. What is the primeset for lines 1-23 (if its your first DTI card)? If its an invalid set, it might disconnect the call because it cannot ring on a set.

When the the call comes in from a blocked number I hear 2 short ring bursts at the norstar set then the caller gets a busy tone.and this is every DID not just one.
If they call from a unblocked number the call comes in fine.
When the tech from US LEC connected the PRI to his T Bird the blocked call came in.

The prime set for trunk 001-023 is the DN of the voice mail.
And remember the system worked fine for over a year.

Not sure when this started but about 7 weeks ago I had to replace the KSU for other Problems so I did a restore.
Not sure if that is when this started.

I would chg the prime set for lns. 001-023 to none and why are these people blocking numbers in the first place I don't get it?

we recently had a telco contact us about a very similar issue in which they (the telco) updated their switch to a lucent compact carrier switch. before the upgrade , all work fine. he explained that the mics 4.1 rejected all calls that did not contain a privacy indicator digit(whatever that is????)when this privacy indicator is blank, the call is successful. Any ideas on that? He also mentioned that the protocol is set up as 4ess. Does Nortel support this protocol? I've done some research into this q.931 protocol which may have some ties to the problem if this new switch they upgraded to is set for this protocol. Keep in mind this is coming from the carrier. The vendor onsite refused to accept this as an issue of the 0x32 since the carrier's hardware changed.

Nortel supports 4ess, issues with 4.1, need at least 6.1 mr. Written for blocked calls, sends to default to reception, we caused the revision.

When in doubt RTFM (read the friggin manual)

Also, 4ESS (sometimes refered to as 'custom' by At+t) has a bunch of goofy settings to play with. If there is any chance to get them to change to National2, do it.......you will not need the bottle of Exedrin. Here in the Chicago suburbs, Joliet C.O. has a Siemens switch. Every time they've upgraded, the p-phones and ISDN sets have gone right in the toilet...............

I haven't had any trouble when I've used NI2 protocol. I can't say the same about the others.

And the answer is

Some how I don't know when but US LEC changed the protocol
to DMS-100 and my KSU was set for NI-2.
When they changed it back to NI-2 it works fine.
Not sure how it even worked at all....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back