Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rval80

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
US
IP Office 9.1 with 9608 phones. 1 phone is not sending caller ID. All other phones in the office send the main line caller ID, however, the main phone does not. I tried to create a short code on that user to send the main line, but still showing "unavailable" when dialing out.

I bet that 1 phone has no incoming call route built for it

It needs an incoming call route in order to have outbound caller ID?

No, a phone does NOT need a ICR to send out a specific number.
Take a ISDN trace from a extension which does send out a CLI and from the one which does not.
Compare them and think about it, search this forum for examples and learn something.
I have done exactly that for years.

so what is the root cause then, if not the icr then must be a line provider issue as maybe they do not own that number

I think that phone has a user shortcode which adds a invalid formatted or not allowed number set to send out.
A ISDN trace should reveil that.

Joe, the ICR when set to point to a user (via ISDN) will automatically assign that same number as the outgoing CLI for that user if no other number has been statically set via a shortcode. If no ICR points to a user the default behaviour for outgoing calls (again only ISDN) is to display the main circuit number.

| ACSS SME |

worth noting that some PRI vendors make the ability for DID/DDI numbers to show as outgoing CLID an additional cost item. SO you can have PRI w/ DDI's and be unable to have that CLID show, regardless of what you send.

GB

The screening table at the Telco could also be blocking that particular outgoing number.

So what happened was that the "withhold call information" was turned on within the phone itself. Once I turned that off, all was good. Have no idea who turned it on to begin with, but that's all it was.

Star for posting resolution.

daddy? are you doing blah blah blah things again?

Sadfully that option is not available as check box within Manager. Same as "dial enbloc".

QQ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back