Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmitchell1980

Technical User
Mar 8, 2007
CA
Just upgraded a customer from 4_4_12 to 6_0_63, multi site but I only have an issue with only 1 of the sites with a PRI, since the upgrade every call that goes out shows up as unknown. I have checked the pretranslator and used the test tool and it does say that it is sending the correct CLID. Has anyone had this issue before?

I am sure there is a setting somewhere that is stopping the proper CLID from being sent.

TIA

did you set the PreTranslatorISDNNumberType in the pretranslator to the correct settings for your PRI?

After setting that and testing again with the dial plan test tool and actual calls, I would contact the pri vendor and make sure that they are receiving the digits as they may be masking what you are sending.

I have never written a pretranslator to include that. What would it look like, I do have a pretranslator to send out the CLID and it does show in the test tool, however it does say that it would send the number but the type is unknown. I just checked some other customers dial plans and that is the case even if it is sending the CLID out.

yes, it will still send out the callerID number, but with that command you can set the ISDN type to send the number as.

PreTranslatorISDNNumberType {nPreTranslatorId} {nISDNNumberType}

ISDNNumberType types for ETSI are as follows: (0, default) unknown;
(1) international; (2) national; (3) network; (4) subscriber

Most PRIs that I install are B8ZS NI2 <-National2
Here is how I put it in all my Dialplans

PreTranslator Create 2 Outbound Caller ID
PreTranslatorISDNNumberType 2 2
Pretranslators go here...

Thanks for the replies I got it figured out, needs to be set to national

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search