Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxguy651

Technical User
Apr 15, 2009
US
I have two groups of people. I want each group's calls to display a differnt caller ID when dialing external calls.

I know this can be done via short code in the individual user config, using 9N NSxxxxxxx Dial 50. IS there an easier way?

Thanks

I prefer to make two different ARS tables

User group A:
9N Dial N 51:ARS Group A

User group B:
9N Dial N 52:ARS Group B

51:ARS Group A
N Dial NSi5555551001

51:ARS Group B
N Dial NSi5555551002

Same concept but fewer time you have to enter the phone number than if you put it in each user or user rights (assuming you have more than 1 UR for each group).

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I see where you are going with this. Im just a little unsure. Do i need to put the users in hunt groups? How does the system know which ARS table to use for each user?

Right now there is a system short code
9N N Dial 50 - this will goto the default ARS

I hope my questions make sense.

Thanks

Ideally you would create 1 set of user rights for each user group.

Group A User Rights would have button programming and short codes for that set of users pointing to ARS 51.

Group B User Rights would have button programming and short codes for that set of users pointing to ARS 52.

If you don't use user rights, any I can't imagine why you wouldn't. You would have to list the short code for each user 1 by 1.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back