Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgibson

Technical User
Sep 25, 2003
US
I have two bcm400's that are networked together with H.323 trunks. Will the caller ID pass from box to box, name and number? I can't seem to get it to work. I believe I get number but not name. Thanks in advance!

You definitley need something in business name, and send name display as yes.

Are you referring to inbound or outbound calls. If inbound, I'm trying to figure out how to pass caller ID for the caller to our users on the second BCM. Currently, the users on BCM2 only get the digits of the caller but not the name. The users on BCM1, which is where all calls route through, are able to see both the name and number of the caller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In the IP trunk setting there is a send name box to check like Dewey stated. Try that.

thnx guys, putting something in the business name worked except it adds whatever I put in the business name before the persons actual name.
any thoughts on that? I appreciate all the help!!

On both BCMs the Send Name Display is already checked under Telephony Resources -> IP Trunk settings for my IP trunks. I tried entering our company name in Business Name under Global Settings -> Feature Settings but then users are unable to make calls out. I have to remove my entry in Business Name so they can make calls again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back