Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janetsy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2007
US
Hi all...

We have an Option 61 system with a mix of 2616, 2008, and 3904 phones. Some people only see the ext number on the caller ID screen when recieveing a call, where everyone else see's the name as well. Does anyone know what class of service affects that ?

Hmm.. That's what I thought. Oddly enough both of those are on in CLS already. Any other thoughts ?

CLS CNDA DNDA
Also make sure the phone's display is operational by swapping to a known good set.

on a 3904 you may have to do a firmware download

LD 32
FDLF LL S CC UU <--- the TN

CNDA (Calling party name display)allowed - make sure a name is also against the DN

>ld 20

PT0000
REQ: chg
TYPE: 3905

TN 44 0 11 5
ECHG yes
ITEM cls cnda
ITEM

In LD 95

REQ prt
TYPE name
CUST 0
CPND_LANG
PAGE
DIG
DN 412

DN 412
TYPE SL1/MIX
NAME
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST

REQ out
TYPE name
CUST 0
CPND_LANG
DIG
DN 412

DN
DCNO

REQ new
TYPE name
CUST 0
CPND_LANG
DIG
DN 412
NAME NAME TEST
XPLN
DISPLAY_FMT
DN
DCNO

Thanks for all the help. I don't get it... I will try the firmware download for the 3904's, but the 2616 and 2008 phones are setup using OTM. There's templates made that include all the caller ID stuff so when we add phones, we just add the SCR's. It's not the displays. CNDA is allowed, TDD is present, and all the ext's here have names programmed. So I don't get why these 4 or 5 phones don't show the names on the caller ID.

But.. Thanks anyway guys. I apprciate the help.

Change one of the phones not working with a known working phone, that will tell you right away if it is a physical problem with the phone or a prgramming issue.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I think I've read here before that some 2008 and 2616 sets only support one line in the display.

In the CLS you might also need CNIA and one other, besides the CNDA and DNDA already mentioned. Don't have my books handy, but I think there are 4 CLS features altogether that govern caller id: one each for name and number being sent from the calling phone, and one each for name and number to appear on the called phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back