Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwwedward

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2003
US
This is simple but I amnot finding the answer.

How do you get the caller id infromation to display on a phone set.. We have a couple of sets that display the line number.. if we hit a caller id button the information is displayed.. but I know it will display automatically??

what type of system and what release?????????????

software rel is what drdebug was asking - present is rel 7

the type of system is "compact" or "modular" ICS

Prior to rel 6, only one extension can get caller ID while the call is ringing in a MICS

If it is later than that, then the ringing lines have to be enabled to get callerID under telco features of the required sets

modular ics , I am not sure of the software version, but all the extensions ahve caller id while the call is ringing except for a two extensions.. I think they are just set-up incorrectly...

under Terminals and Sets and Line access, there should be a place for Telco Features. Make sure that caller id is set to yes for each ringing line on each set.

under the same setting as the previous post, there are options for "1stDisplay." They can be name, number, or line. You may have "line" enabled. -change to name or number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back