Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID with ACS R6 (I think it's an older ACS box), no additional cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJDiver

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2003
US
Hello!

I have a few Partner ACS I installed and the company still uses. One remote office has a Partner ACS R6, but the ACS card/box looks like an older card/box (I didn't install it.) I am wondering if Caller ID would pass to the display phones even if the ACS card/box is an older card/box with R6? Has anyone had any experience with this situation?

The reason I think it's an older ACS box with R6 is the picture they sent me with the little label on the front says ACS Processor. It's a different color plastic than the newer white cards/boxes. The label on the card/box says 700374283 103G16A S0E, SN 081613403792.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Jeff

Ahh, it's a SOE Lite. Maybe the card/box isn't as old as I thought. Will check documents on Avaya.

If anybody has information, I would be most appreciative.

Jeff

Partner ACS R6.0 SOE LITE Processor (700374283)

The Partner ACS R6.0 is a dynamic communications system with intuitive call handling and a variety of features that give you the flexible and efficient system you need.

Partner ACS R6.0 SOE LITE Features Provides 3 Lines and 8 Stations -

The Partner ACS R6.0 Processor SOE LITE is not expandable; it cannot be placed in a carrier with expansion modules or modular voicemail units

Paging Port - Connect a loudspeaker paging system to a dedicated paging port on the processor

Backup/Restore Capabilities - Back up system programming to a PC Card ( sold separately - see Backup options below )

Dual Line Caller ID - Supports both Caller ID name and number simultaneously on your display

2 PC Card Slots - Used for backup/restore of system programming, voice messaging PC cards, ASA/DXD, and software upgrades

Direct Connection of Analog Devices - Answering machines, fax machines, telephones, and modems

Two Contact-Closure Connections - Control door locks, security systems, and other devices by using the contact-closure adjunct

Music On-Hold Port - Connect a music source or on-hold messaging system

Station Message Detail Recording (SMDR) Port - Connect to a serial printer or call accounting solution

Two Power Failure Transfer Ports - Use single line telephones to connect to your phone lines during power outages

Compatibility The Partner ACS R6.0 Processor SOE LITE is compatible with the following:
Voice Mail Systems - Partner Voice Messaging PC Cards
Telephone Sets - Standard Single Line, MLS, Eurostyle, and Eurostyle Series 2
Also compatible with a variety of wireless, headset and conferencing solutions

Yes, any R6 processor will pass caller ID as long as the service provider is sending the signal in accordance with Bell System specifications.

Caller ID will only show on system phones. It will not be displayed on standard SLTs.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back