Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID transfer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodguys

Technical User
Apr 9, 2007
US
Caller ID question: With MICS 5.0 i'm not exactly sure how this works? You can have only one extension {221} receive the caller ID info? Does she have to press F811 to get the ID info or will the ID info come up automatically? Our receptionists answers all calls then transfers the call to the appropiate people. When she transfers the call will the caller ID go with it? Will they be able to see the ID info without pressing F811?

One extension per line can be assigned to auto display CLID. The line must appear and ring at the set. On transferred calls the CLID will be sent. Upgrade to R6.1 and all sets can auto display CLID.

Brian Cox

if i understand this correctly.... if a receptionist answers all calls then tranfers them ........{and we have 5.0} we wouldnt need to upgrade to 6.1 because u say the caller ID is sent with the transferred call each time??

If you happen to have a voicemail system that answers all calls, you can set the voicemail to be the Caller-ID Set and then everyone would get caller-Id when the voicemail transfers to the right extention.

Sorry should have read more, the receptionist IS answering your calls .. Never mind. :) Caller-ID will follow when she transfers like Brian already told you.

Thanks! Good info tho on the voice mail part. You say u can set the VM to be the Caller-ID set. Do u do that under "line" programming?

Thanks! If we set the Auto ATT to answer all calls we have to set the CLID to the VM ext. Then we have to set the AA to answer at 2 rings. The Recp phone 221 shows all 4 lines...... if i chg those lines to appear only so she wont hear the 2 rings before AA answers will the Caller ID still work through the CCR tree?

Yeah just set the lines to appear and make the vmail answer after 2 rings.

Come to think of it, you don't really need to program the vmail as the Caller-ID Set, since all sets DO get the caller-id once they pick up the phone, and the voicemail IS picking up the phone after 2 rings. it should just automatically pass it on.

u couldnt use the night service could u? Being that the AA picks up immediately.?? [F871} you'd lose the caller ID info if the caller transferred out to an extension?

Thanx! You guys are awesome, i hope i can help someone sometime too.

Of course we're all assuming that you're talking about analog lines as 5.0 sw has some well known PRI related issues.

PRI should get cid info on ring 0.

Phonehed in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back