Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID through Auto-attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfeus

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2009
CA
Hi folks,

I am setting up a new MCD 4.1 system. The answer point is a voicemail huntgroup number. External callers reach the autoattendant. That works nicely.

The problem I have is when an external caller enters a person's DN, the internal user gets the call without the proper Caller ID - they see the DN for one of the voicemail ports.

I've experimented with COS settings but have yet to find one that works. I want the Caller ID on the phone to be the caller ID of the original caller.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Fred.

Try....Display Held Call ID on Transfer....set to yes....on your VM port COS.

Thanks - I've tried that already without any luck.

I'm wondering if the COS settings need to be done on each of the following:

- Trunk
- voicemail ports
- hunt group
- phones

Thanks again!

Well funny you should ask that because that's another thing I'm trying to sort out. The auto attendant answers after one ring when I dial the SIP trunk number, but it answers after 4 rings when I dial the analog number. I'd like the analog to answer after one ring as well.

If it answers after 1 ring wouldn't it stand to reason that the CLID hasn't been sent yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back