Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caller id sometimes replaced by SIP line name

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcoo

MIS
Nov 26, 2009
CA
Mitel 3300
5330e and 5340e phone sets
prairiefyre call centre

Some of my users are complaining that they are getting calls and the caller id does not show up, just the name of the SIP Trunk. When these calls appear in Call History, the name of the caller is replaced by the name of the SIP trunk, and the caller's number is replaced by T x, where x is a 2 or 3 digit number.

This is not happening for all calls, so I think this is what happens when we get calls from people who are suppressing their caller id.

But this behaviour has only started to happen when we migrated to a new SIP trunk. I am wondering if our current and previous SIP providers handled suppressed caller id differently.
Also, the only users noticing this are members of a call centre. In this call center, calls go to a menu (in nupoint voicemail system) where the caller picks between English and French, and then the call is sent to one of the two queues.

Any comments on what is happening? Any idea on how to get the caller's name and phone number in to the Call History?

Thanks

At a guess, the calls that are failing to provide caller ID are associated with a Toll Free Number.

I've found that some toll free providers do not pass on caller ID.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

You dont mention software version, but there is a bug in 8.0 sp2 and maybe earlier versions where this happens. Whilst the phone is ringing press the blue/grey key on the phone and see if this toggles the Name for the number. If it does the Temporary fix is to turn off Alpha Tagging, Long term fix is 8.0 SP3

My 3300 is at 7.0 SP1
Pressing the blue key didn't toggle anything.

I have also found out from the user that some of these calls are not appearing in the call history.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back