Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

audra87

Programmer
Dec 15, 2005
US
we are making outbound calls for a particular client who wants their number appearing when dialed. That has been completed but when testing, i get "Unknown Name" and the number. Anyway to have the unknown name removed so people only see number on display?
thanks

Try changing the outgoing trunk to "Send Connected Number"

lever

just tried this, but still getting the Unknown name thing
i'm asking ATT if they can do anything. Thanks for the reply!

I apologize for hijacking this thread but would this work for my issue? I've posted this issue and not gotten an answer.

I have a customer that is sending me a custom ANI and I need to forward some of these calls to another call center and KEEP that custom ANI on the call so the second call center sees the custom ANI the client is sending us. Would this work for me as well?

Again I apologize for jumping in on this thread.

that works as long as you have PRI trunks on both incoming and outgoing and no human contact was made on the call prior to the transfer

This would be automated. Basically the call comes in and if we don't have any available agents we just route the call back out to the second call center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back