Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID over EC500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2010
US
When someone calls my deskphone the caller id shows up perfect, but when my cellphone rings, it shows a generic number, not the actual cid. (EC500 activated and working).

Example - I call from (919) 778-4025, my desk phone shows the CID as (919) 778-4025, but my cellphone (EC500) show (919) 581-4751. This number is what shows for all incoming calls via EC500 on my cell phone. Its almost as if something is striping these digits and adding its own. Below is a list tra for my ext.

LIST TRACE

time data

09:00:07 Calling party trunk-group 1 member 21 cid 0x10fa
09:00:07 Calling Number & Name 9194400802 NO-CPName
09:00:07 dial 3636
09:00:07 ring station 3636 cid 0x10fa
09:00:07 G711MU ss:eek:ff ps:20 rn:1/1 10.20.0.154:5854 10.20.0.30:5220
09:00:07 xoip: fax:Relay modem:pT tty:US uid:0x8c34 cid:0x10fa
09:00:07 dial 9103723331
09:00:07 seize trunk-group 1 member 2 cid 0x10fb
09:00:07 Calling Number & Name NO-CPNumber NO-CPName
09:00:07 Proceed trunk-group 1 member 2 cid 0x10fb
09:00:09 Alert trunk-group 1 member 2 cid 0x10fb
09:00:14 idle trunk-group 1 member 21 cid 0x10fa
09:00:14 idle trunk-group 1 member 2 cid 0x10fb

Hi, it may be caused by the fact that your outgoing trunk 1 is not configured to send calling number. You may check it in trunk group Send Calling number field (probably 3d or 4th page)?
Another reason might be on provider side which doesn't accept unknown CLI of external caller and substitute it with a common calling number. Talk to your outgoing trunk 1 provider in the last case.

Thanks for the reply! The Send Calling Number is marked yes. I havent called my carrier yet, but when i call from my deskphone to my house it shoes the correct number for the CID. And when I someone calls me from a DID within the office, there number show correct on the CID. Example, My boss calls me from his desk phone (3629), my cell phone shows (919) 581-3629 (His DID).

Ill call the carrier, but I have a feeling they are going to tell me that its on my end. Its just funny that every call from anyone without a DID on our system comes across as the same "fake" number.

It's usual situation. In formal view provider may have trouble with billing if on your trunk they will have different caller IDs. When your boss is calling it is agreed number identified from your PBX range. Ask carrier.

So I called the carrier and they said since our CID is working when I call someone outside the office it has to be something on our end. They are kind of correct. If I call someone from my desk phone it shows as my DID and when someone calls my desk phone the CID shows correctly, but when EC500 pushed the call to my cell is when the number changes. It's killing me! I could understand if it was showing "unavailable", but its showing this generic number - (xxx) xxx-4751 no matter who calls from the outside. If I call my cell directly from my desk phone the CID show correct too.

Its showing your BTN, or Billing Telephone Number. Since 9/11, most providers will NOT allow third party Caller ID #'s to "transit" on the D channel, and show up. There is a special software option on their CO switches that allow this, however, it costs them $10K for the license, so most are unwilling to spend the money on it. They also really don't want to pass through Caller ID #'s that do not belong to the PRI the call originates on, this is why the incomming Caller ID is not "passing through" your switch, to your EC500 cell phone.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

The number that is showing is not our BTN though. It's a number that AT&T is't even aware of. If i call this number, I reach the local hospital!

again, it is usual. we have the same with EC500 even not in the US, provider substitutes unknown numbers.
To test how the things are working you may try to use "tandem calling party number" on incoming trunk group(enable in trunk form and complete respective table). After that you may test call from unknown number converting it to allowed DID CLI.

Tandem calling number table lets you to modify ANI digits received from one trunk and sends new combination to tandem trunk. Try to convert one number unknown for your PBX (for example a private (not EC500) GSM or home number) into your own DID number as if it was a call from your desk). This will approve statement that it's on carrier side unknown CLIs are not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back