Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID on reroute to nupoint voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

djones92

Vendor
Jul 22, 2010
US
I have a 3300 version 4.1 SP2. I needed to be able to reroute calls directly to user mailboxes. I setup mulitcall keys on a phantom PKM. I then setup reroute always to voicemail pilot number. I then setup that multicall number to be assigned to that users mailbox. Example is extension is 4000, Mulitcall key is 64000. So the caller dials in and is answered by the receptionist. The user unavailable so the receptionist dials trans/conf 64000 and hangs up. The caller is then placed directly into the mailbox they are intened. The problem is that the caller ID of the message becomes the recptionists extension and not the originating caller. I have worked with tech support and they are investigating this issue. If you transfer it direct to thier extension and let it reroute to voicemail when no answer then the caller ID works fine. I was hoping someone esle has ran into this before.

What happens if 64000 routes on no answer?

What happens if 4000 routes immediately.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Ok after some further testing I found that the caller ID works if we put the multicall button on a physical phone and not on a phantom phone and if we use reroute first alternative and not reroute always and just set the call forward timer in the COS to 3 seconds. It does work however there has to be a better way to acomplish this task and still get the caller ID. We are using nupoint and need to transfer a call directly to voicemail and show the correct caller ID. Any one have any Idea.

What I believe is happening is the integration is occuring before the console can hit release. When you've introduced a 3 second delay before integration, then the voicemail sees the trunk calling instead of the console.

I'm not following why the multicall needs to be placed on a physical phone. Have you tried using the new IP Device Only type? It should do the trick without burning licenses. Has several other advantages as well.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Just a thought.
Have you got DPNSS/QSIG Diversion Enabled in the System option form? If so change it to No
This might be causing the the issue as QSIG diversion works different

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

The system does not allow me to program a multicall key on an extension that is set as IP device only. Also I have the system networked to another system and I thought DPNSS/QSIG Diversion was required for the network and clustering.

You misunderstand me.

The extension you are trying to create for rerouting purposes is 64000.

Create an IP Device only as extension 64000.

Forget line keys altogether.

dpnss/qsig diversion is sometimes required when a customer has a mixed vendor network to provide forwarding/diverting information.
Normally this option is disabled.
If you have just Mitel equipment then this option should be disabled.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back