Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caller id on partner 206ec 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

crie73

MIS
Dec 3, 2002
US
Hi; wrote previous and you guys were helpful, but it did not work. here is what I see on site now that I swapped out 2 cards-the first and the last. Total of 4 cards viewing from left to right:

206ec ver 3.1, lines one and two in here and one station

206 ver 4.1 has 2 lines plugged in,

processor card with moh

206 r2.0 with 2 lines plugged in and 6 stations

i tested with a caller id unit, it is being sent from the co. only really need the first 4 to work with cid.

Thanks for your ideas!!
maybe of consequence, this is a restaurant, and the system has an standalone unit that picks up the calls and reads the menu specials before it rings on the sets. But I tested after the answerer on line one and CID did show on my test unit, just not on the 12d phones.

each line and staion that you want Caller id on must be plugged into a 206ec

with your configuration it will only be available on co 1 and 2 and the first 6 satations

but caller id is NOT available on lines one and 2. why? what must I do? I have confirmed that line one HAS CID being sent. Just not showing on 12d phones

the system has an standalone unit that picks up the calls and reads the menu specials before it rings on the sets.

i didnt catch this earlier I suspect this unit is not passing on the called id info

have you tried running the co lines directly to the partner switch bypassing the digital anouncer ?

processor card with moh

what processor is it

I beleive you need a partner two for caller id If its a partner or partner plus no caller id

Skip, you're right it must be a Partner II to have CID.

As for the stations, even if they're connected to a NON-EC card, they will display CID if the imcoming line IS connected to an EC card.

Hi; I did test with a standalone caller id phone, after the call announcer and CID is working-- just before it enters the 206ec card.

how do I tell if its a partner, partner II or partner plus? The cover is missing, The cards are yellowed from age, so I am getting a bad feeing....

thanks for your inputs..
Chris

look for a connector marked interconnect cable right below the moh and volume. If its there its a partner two.

if its not don't dispair a partner two processor is not that much you should be able to pick one up on ebay for less than 100.

Update: finally got a Partner II processor and 3 206ec cards/modules. All this in a Partner plus 5 slot carrier. Should it work? The new processor does not light up. Is it the carrier or the card? Someone told me you could check the status of a module by bypassing the carrier and plugging the card directly to the power plug. Thanks

do al the cards light excpet for the processor ?

try reseating and shoving hard on the cards near where the connectors are its often hard to get all the cards properly seated in the partner carriers. pay particular attention to the first card

you can't plug the partner two processor or the 206e cards in directly they need to be in the carier

since the carrier was working If reseating dosnt work I would suspect cards

Easy enough to check put your orginal processor in and see if it works the cards will work with the orginal processor you just won't get the called id through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back