Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID on email voice messages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkymrk

Technical User
Mar 22, 2006
CA
Hello,

A little new to Avaya and have a question. I set up a dedicated machine that is using Outlook to pull voice mails via POP and then email the user the voice email in a .wav file. I'm still in the testing stage of this and so far everything is working great. I was wondering if the caller id of the person leaving the message can be included in these emails. Internal calls show up fine with the extension of person leaving the message eg. Ext.[non-mail-user@company.com]. External calls show up as External Call[non-mail-user@company.com]. Is there anyway to change External Call to the caller ID?

Thanks

Does it show up normally when they listen to a message via the telephone? Does she say, "Call from extension 212-555-1212" for example? Or does she say, "call from outside caller"?

Which voicemail system are you using?

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

When it's an outside caller she says "Voice Call Received -> Time -> Date -> Length of Msg". When it's internal I get "Voice Call From -> Person Name -> Time -> Date -> Length of Msg -> Extension". We are using IA770 Intuity Audix Messaging Release 5.1.

Thanks

Excuse me if I piggyback on this one. I also use the voicemail to email function but the files are sent to Outlook as .lvp and I need the avaya voice player to listen to them. How do I get them sent as .wav files.

Thanks

Derek

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

mrkymrk,

I'm not all to familiar with the IA770, but I think you'll need to get caller-id into the Intuity first. Once it's there, then it should send it to your POP client in the header information.

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Thanks 98C,

I will talk to my vendor, I'm sure I'll need to purchase a license for this feature.

As soon as I set the email function up the file's that the voice message came in were .wav files. Our vendor did the initial config on our system so maybe they changed it, when I talk to them about caller ID issue I will ask about the voice files.

Thanks

My 1st question should have been actually, are you getting caller-id on your normal inbound calls? Is it displaying on the telephones?

This could be as simple as a setting on the trunk group that goes to your IA770... page 2 on the trunk group form, half way down you should see:

Incoming Calling Number - Delete: Insert: Format: unk-unk

Again, though - I'm not familiar with the IA770's...

Thanks,
98C

Caller ID is working on inbound calls. I guess it's a matter of figuring out how to send the number to the vm system.

my Incoming Calling on my trunk group is set to PUB-UNK.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back