Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID on CICS 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceDude

Programmer
May 28, 2007
US
Hey all- I got a weird question for caller id and I'm not sure if it's possible or not...

I got a caller ID enabled for all stations but when the call comes in it shows as "Line 001" etc...

What do I need to do to activate the display to show the number vs. line name?

Thanks in advance.

You need caller ID on the line, you need a caller ID trunk

card, under preferences on each set you can tell it if you

want caller name or number to be primary display.

BombOne - Thanks for a quick reply bro.

I know I have the caller ID coming from the telco. When I bought the CICS 7.1 it was supposed to come with the caller ID trunk card. I guess I might be missing the trunk card cause i checked with telco if the caller ID was in fact functioning and they said yes... Thanks again.

A Caller ID card is labeled CI at the top of the card. If your line card says LS/DS, then you'll need to swap it out for it to work.

And as BombOne was saying, make sure under Terminals/sets, Telco settings, Caller ID=Y for each set. The lines must ring on any set you want to display CLID before being answered.

@RikRodgers - Thanks for the help. I'll check into this tomorrow. I know I got the caller id=y for each set. I might have to swap it like you had said.

Thanks again.

no voicemail issue, data of caller Id may come on the second ring

Also tell the users they have to let the phone ring 2 times for the CI card to translate the information or you will only see line 001 etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back