Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caller id on analog trunk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

e5tom

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2004
DE
Hi there,

our meridian 1 system does not show the caller id if the call comes in by the alalog lines .

Where can i program this ?

caller id works on the t1 digital lines .....and caller id is configured at the providers side as well .....

Thanks
e5tom

Caller ID only works on dig where you have a D channel to carry the call information

but if there is a analog phone set connected to the analog lines, i get the caller id .... that´s what is still strange to me ...

i´ve noticed that i receive the caller id by the D-chanel of the dig cards ... and that works fine ...

but i want the caller id on the analog lines .....

Thanks,
e5tom

You would need a CallerID capable analog trunk card for the PBX, and those are only available in Brazil or Japan, I can't remember which.

jgideon ... correct me if i´m wrong ... there is no way in the US to get the caller id on the analog trunk meridian 1 card , right ?

it´s very strange : how did you guys deal with that ?

is there another way to get an alternate display for the caller id ?

thanks much
e5tom

Unless I'm mistaken there is a way. You add a certain kind of card to the system. Not sure what kind but my boss has told me it is available.

I asked about this recently and was told there is no way, but if there is another trunk card available that would do it I would love to know.

Sorry. I was thinking of the caller id on analog lines generated by the switch.

Yes, that card is the "CLASS modem card NT5D60xx". But as Nortellian mentioned, i think it is for internal use.

Yes, it is my understanding from a couple of different forums that you cannot use an analog line (trunk) from telco with CallerID to pass CallerID into the PBX. If you want to receive CallerID in the PBX, you must convert to PRI trunking. I'm not aware of anyone trying to use the 'foreign' card (from whatever country it does work in) in the US, as it requires a different software set.

Nortellian and absinthium are correct... if a PBX is PRI trunked, and they want to provide CallerID to a 'station', you can purchase the CLASS card, and the appropriate software packages to enable it.

We installed a 61c in december last year. The bigwigs at the top did not buy all the goodies for the system. One of the main requests I have is for a 3903 or a 3904 so they can have caller ID. I had our vendor give me a price for the caller ID card so the analog phones could have caller ID too. 15k was a bit steep if you ask me. Think about how many 3903's i could buy for 15k. We put that quote where it belonged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back