Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID on a Pri with 4 different companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbbikes

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2004
US
I have a pri with 24 channel's and a block of 100 DID numbers.

I am splitting the DID range between 4 companies. I currently have all the companies dn's assigned to PRI-a.

When I dial 9 from any of the companies I get an available channel on the Pri to dial out.

I would like to be able to have each companies caller Id show up when they make an outgoing call. How can I get around this?

TIA,
KB

Set the OLI on each set to display their companies caller ID. Click on line access under each set, set the public OLI to a 10 digit number (such as 8885551212).

After what biv343 says, you'll also (if in the US) have to contact the provider of your DID's (LEC or CLEC) and ask them to program the associated name with the DID in question. They normally use the 'billing name' for the whole account, so this is a non-standard request: be preapred for them to be confused.

Good point - I hadn't considered that, but you are correct.

To avoid alot of confusion and save alot of grief. We usually tell them to omit the business name alltogether and just send the OLI digits. This is a standard request which they understand.

OLI did the trick. Thanks again a very helpfull forum.

I am going to BCM bootcamp on Jan 9th. Hopefully it works out and I will have a clue about these BCM's.

KB

Good luck

If it is anything like the NORTEL course I got it will be a complete waste of time. This was the official Nortel course. The first week very basic, second week covered some more applications but did not cover DECT,IVR,upgrades,patches all the stuff you need to know.

Marshall

When I went to that course, it was such a waste of time and all 20 of us students gave such a bad evaluation, Global gave us a 50% refund to use for another course.

I hope the f$#k it's not a waste of money. It's $5000 for the course. It's 10 days long.

I will be up Global you know who's arse if it in fact is a waste.

Do they give you an exit exam or do you just get a certificate saying you attended?

KB

You take the Exam after you leave the class on your own time, I think there are 4 or 5 coures you take after the class and it not covered in class, so basicaly it is a CBT Course. The whole thing could have been CBT and I wouldn't have wasted 2 weeks in class and just stayed home and did the CBT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back