Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID not working for external calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

fritz43

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2003
AU
I have just installed an IP Office 2.0 Small Office edition. The Caller ID feature works for internal calls but not for external calls (where the number is in the directory). I have used monitor to verify that the number is being presented in a form which matches the entry in the directory and have also tried wildcarding but still no luck.

Anyone got any ideas? - works perfectly on my Cybergear Gold!

Thanks

Mike

Just to add to this, this is happening with analogue phones not sure if it is occuring on other phones.

Phil v L

make sure that CLIP is turned on from the network provider as this is a chargeable feature.If it is not turned on the i/c ddi calls will still route.

Sorry, maybe it was unclear. I was using monitor to check the number being presented on external calls. e.g. I called the system from my mobile and watched monitor say the call was from 0412345678 and checked that it matched exactly with what was in the directory - it did and neither phone manager nor the analogue cli phone alpha tagged it to my name.

Have you got anything in the prefix field on the trunk, this is added to the front of the presented cli before alphataging takes place (can be usefull if you have dial 9 access & want to be able to return missed calls)

Nope - absolutely clear

Driving me mad!

IPGuru, the National Prefix field has 0, the other Prefix field has nothing.

Also noticed a tickbox on the Analogue tab "Long CLI Line" and cant find it in any docs, do you know what this is for?

BTW: Mike and I are looking at the same unit. Just I have direct access to it.

Phil

I'll just watch the replies from now on rather than double post or whatever!

After a bit more investigation it seems to work fine for normal numbers but not for mobiles, I'm wondering if it has to do with the network sending the word MOBILE with the number as that is all that appears for the name. I have tried using single names and adding brackets as a area code separator under varying scenarios but it still wont present the name listed in the directory.

Anyone else having the same issue? Any ideas?

Phil

wagtech,

did you get a acceptable sollution for this ?

Regards
L

The trial software for the New V2.1 maintanace build has had cli recognition adjusted to remove spurious characters
(this was to remove the "-" character some providers insert between the STD & the main number) it may help

No, I have even updated the firmware to 2.1 with no difference. As metioned earlier the system accepts the number ok but will not include the name listed for that number in the IPO directory.

I still believe this maybe because the word MOBILE is sent from the telco and not being replaced with the directory name.

This also seems to be with analogue phones connected to the IPO as Phone Manager shows the name correctly. (I have the 4 analogue trunks with 8 pots system). I have changed the type of CLI to display to the phones with no luck either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back