Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID Not Passign Through to Extnesions on IP406v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2004
US
Client set themselves up with a bunch of 4 line phones and purchased an IP406v2. Samll setup. Wanted a simple setup (all extensions answer all inbound calls...pretty much straight out of the box stuff). However, they had caller id on the four line phones, but now the caller id won't pass through the IPOffice to the extensions. What should I change/look for?

if you are sure you are getting CLID from the local telco, then check your configuration, Line form, Analog tab and verify you have Loop Start Caller ID set for those trunks

This might be a stupid question but does caller I.D get passed thru on analog phones.I know it doesn't on the Magix and Partner.

depends on what release. i know 3.1.56 passes to analog. also caller id does get passed on partner and magix as long as you have the right cards

Caller I.D. does not get passed thru to ANALOG devices on a Partner or Magix only on SYSTEM phones.

I just upgraded an IPO to 3.1.65 and now the called huntgroup is not displayed at the extentions (all analog) if the caller has no CLI. If someone call with CLI both the number of the caller and the called huntgroup is visible.

This company services for other companies so they have to see the name of the huntgroup. Bug in 3.1.65?

From my experience I believe under the Extensions you have to set caller display to ON - default is off for analog extensions.

dphoneguy24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back