Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID not display till phone picked up 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

cain12

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2005
US
We have a CICS system with two CLID PSTN cards. We set the incoming call ring on all DNs. For some reason, the caller ID is not showing on the phones, even waiting for a few rings. But after pickup the phone, it display the caller ID. Or feature 811 would also display caller ID. How can we make the caller ID display before pickup the phone?

It runs 6.1 firmware. I already enabled the caller ID for the line. Thanks for your help!

We are using US setting for the CO and CLID card settings. CICS 6.1 is the firmware version.

There are four sets of phone ring and display on these CLID numbers. One of them is ATA2 connected analog phone, the other three are 7316 phones. There are other 7316 phones and STA2 does not ring or display for those two CLID lines.

There are other six lines do not display or ring, they go to CP100.

I tried took out the ATA2 extension. It makes no difference.
Now, I just add a third party CLID speaker device to announce the caller ID. I gave up on this simple thing which should work without even think -- the fact that phone display the caller ID after you picking up means the CLID is flowing in the phone system, just somewhere a small bug somewhere blocked it from showing before picking up.

I didnt realize i had replied to this thread before - that reply would hold for a CICS and hte last reply for a MICS

If you let it ring for ever and if the calls go to a mailbox - does the mailbox get the callerid?
Do the lines ring on a button or on intercom?

ATA does not recoginze callerid info

glad that i cud help ...

arent we all happy, if we know if who is calling us :)

sempei68,

What changes did you make to get the CLID working from not working?

I have to use third party speaking CLID device in front of Nortel phone system. It is kind of embrassment, but at least that device plug in and works without any hassle.

yes, please share what you did to solve it. I have a cics 6.1 system that does the exact same thing...I've never been able to get CLID showing on all phones...only the prime line shows it when it's ringing.

Sean

Could someone share the fix?

We were told by our vendor that this was a bug in the firmware and it would cost about 1200 to upgrade the firmware and we would have to purchase a new PRI enabler code...

On all our phones if someone uses DID we get no CID...if the use the Autoattendant and transfer we get CID...

I programmed a button for F811 and it will display when pushed...when it transfers to VM it displays the CID...

Thanks!

PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE, If you're not a technician and you don't REALLY KNOW the answer, please don't waste everyones precious time by trying to guess it. The last thing we all want to see in here is a wealth of misinformation!

On all CICS & MICS (up to and including 6.1) Caller ID works automatically between the first and second rings on the PRIME SET ONLY! All others must use F811 to see the CID info before answering.

It's always been that way and if someone out there has found a way around this particular shortcoming, by all means please share it with everyone.

I still haven't had a chance to play with this feature on 7.0 yet but I doubt that it has changed. Has anyone tried it on 7.0?

Thank you!

Phonehed in Dallas

I cant belive this post has gone on for this long. Listen to Sinks1. I have a handfull of cics with caller id and withen 1 or 2 rings it displays caller id! Its all under the teco features of that set.

UNDER TELCO FEATURES: look at lines and it will ask(line 001: called ID Y or N) Thats all!

Then assign the set to called ID Y.

Thats it 2 settings.

Hey Endless...

Are you saying you got caller ID to work immediately (before answering) on more than one set, without using F811?

If you are by all means tell us more!

I guess I wouldn't be too surprised to find an older version of CICS sw that would do it but I've never seen it yet in person.

On my MICS 5.0 only the CLID set for that line gets the CID info before answering and without using F811. If I'm not mistaken, in earlier software, it was only the prime set for the line that got instant CID.

Phonehed in Dallas

Hey Phonehed, any set that has a line appear and ring can have clid on a CICS. Under terminals and sets, enter ext number, show, next to Telco Features, show, Feature Assign, show, display says show line, enter line number, show, display shows caller ID set : Y or N. MICS is different, I believe that feature came out in 6.0 or 6.1.

Agree with phoneguy CICS any software, MICS maybe 6.0 but 6.1 for sure.

please clarify... We can have CLID info SHOW on any/all set when it PICKS UP the line... what many of us are asking is can we have CLID display BEFORE picking up on ALL of the phones.

It seems that it will only display on the prime phone. I've never been able to get CLID to display on all phones while it's ringing. Please share if there's a way to accomplish that.

thank you!

Sean

Had a chance to test it this morning on a CICS w/4.2 and sure enough it does work on M-7310 sets, before answering and without F811. Couldn't get it to work on their M-7208's without F811 though.

Phonehed in Dallas

Have installed a lot of clid. Works on all of them regardless of set type as long as programmed properly. Key is appear/ring on set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back