Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID not being reported in Meridian Mail when users listen to a message? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2004
US
Let me clarify- If a call is made to a DID and user listens to the message, it will say call from and report the number.

We have people working remote and they call in every so often to check messages. These particular voicemailboxes are reached after going through the Auto Attendant...it makes sense to me that messages left in these boxes will not have the Caller ID and would get the unknown caller? I am being told that that caller id on messages that went through the AA did work until last week. But I have no way to verify that.

So basically my question is: If a message is left on a Mailbox that is accessed through the AA, should the Caller ID be reported when the user checks messages?

Hope I explained that right

More info:

The calls that are not reporting the CallerID are when people call in on the 800 number. The 800 number points to a local number. If I call that local number directly, Meridian Mail will say "one new message from phone number etc etc etc. If I call the 800 number she reports one new message from an unknown caller.

Ideas??

run DCH trace and call the 800 number see if you are even receiving a CLI?

These calls would have to come on on a PRI to get the Caller ID. If the 800 # is coming in on the same trunks as the local calls then your carrier that has the 800# more than likely is not shipping the CLID.

So if it was working fine a week ago, chances are the carrier may have turned something off? I don't think the Nortel system would stop using it if we didn't change anything? Our provider seemed perplexed I was even asking this question of him. My guess is if this has been working fine up until a week ago, it is on the carriers side and out of my hands?

Turn on D-channel messaging and call the 800# and see if you see the calling #. Then call your local # and compare the results

But if it had been working prior is that something that needs to be done? Can it turn off automatically? How would I check to see if it is on and if it is not, how would I do it?

It's not gonna change on it's own in the PBX. If it just quit working I'm guessing the carrier isn't shipping it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back