Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID Name & Number on Avaya G3si 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoricuaBlanco

Technical User
May 5, 2004
US
Is there a way to get the Calling name as well as the number on an Avaya G3si? I have my DIDs going over an ISDN PRI circuit and are currently receiving just the number. I have seen a name appear when someone calls from Avaya.

An Update - Hey Everyone as of today my Calling Name Delivery is WORKING!! I didn't change anything I'm still on "A" protocol and this is very exciting, thank you all so much!!! Everyone in the office is so happy and I'm getting all these pat's on the back. I highly recommend it!

Thanks to EVERYONE for your help!!!

Toni

Hey Toni, how is your isdn trunk and signaling group set up. I have protocol A and can't get it to work. I would love to know your setup.

In the future everything will work...

It's pasted above in my previous post. I can paste it again if you need it.

Mine worked instantly and I didn't have to lift a finger. You can also try changing this in your trunk form the post above:

US NI Delayed Calling Name Update? y

If you send me your fax number I'll fax you a copy of the GEDI printout of my trunk for which may make it easier for you to view/compare with your setup.

No...no need to fax. I am just a moron. ;)

This moron still needs help. Toni, how is your signaling group setup? I wonder if there is anything else that is coming into factor.

What does a working DS1 board look like for this feature? Anyone care to copy and paste one..

I pasted both of my DS1 cards for my local trunk group, they may be identical - I didn't check - trying to get out of here for the holidays!

DS1 CIRCUIT PACK

Bit Rate: 1.544 Line Coding: b8zs
Line Compensation: 1 Framing Mode: esf
Signaling Mode: isdn-pri
Connect: network
TN-C7 Long Timers? n Country Protocol: 1
Interworking Message: PROGress Protocol Version: b
CRC? n
Idle Code: 11111111
DCP/Analog Bearer Capability: speech

Slip Detection? y

Block Progress Indicator? n

DS1 CIRCUIT PACK

Bit Rate: 1.544 Line Coding: b8zs
Line Compensation: 1 Framing Mode: esf
Signaling Mode: isdn-pri
Connect: network
TN-C7 Long Timers? n Country Protocol: 1
Interworking Message: PROGress Protocol Version: b
CRC? n
Idle Code: 11111111
DCP/Analog Bearer Capability: 3.1kHz

Slip Detection? n

Block Progress Indicator? n

These DS1 screens show you are using Protocol Version "B", not A. The "Supplementary Protocol" on the trunk screen is different from the "Protocol Version" on the DS1 screen. B (National ISDN) is what's required to make this work with SBC and it's what your trunks are configured for, according to your post above.

Hello everyone, looks like I have an issue related and was hoping for some assistance. I have a G3si r8.1 and am using two DS1 boards (TN767E) for local and long distance calling. I have two DS1 circuits and want to move to ISDN PRI, however I do not have capability. I am getting a message saying "ISDN-PRI Trunks feature is required" in DSA when trying to change my trunk group to ISDN. My Avaya reseller told me it will cost $17,000 to turn on the ISDN PRI feature with ANI. I don't know if that is true, but if so I was wondering how I could pass calling party number outbound over a DS1. This worked with AT&T, but my new long distance provider, Qwest tells me that passing that info without a PRI is not possible. I don't need to receive caller info, all I am trying to accomplish is sending our company phone number when calling. Please help.

Qwest and your other providers should be able to do that on their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back