Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID Name from Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPP

MIS
Jan 28, 2009
US
Is there anyway to get the phones to display the caller ID Name of a number/name stored either in the personal contacts or the system Directory?

It would be nice if the name displayed was of a person instead of just "Cellular Call".

I've asked the same question and the answer appears to be 'NO', just an FYI.

-----------------------------------
atcom_logo_small.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

It does this by default...in this country anyway. I imagine you are in the US where the PRI/Analog line provider sends the name to and that overwrites the system one, if so you're stuck :)

"No problem monkey socks

That is a feature that comes from the line carrier not the IP Office or other phone systems. The IP Office, you can set the how the caller ID should look going out, but not coming in. The line provider can show the phone # and name as long as its not being blocked by the caller.

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

Ah you're from WI, US. So that's the issue, ask the line provider to turn it off :)

"No problem monkey socks

Being from Wisconsin does offer some unique challenges but I don't think this caller ID issue is one them.;-)

We like those challenges by the way; keeps out the riffraff.

If I turn off the cname feature then I won't get cname for calls that I do not have a contact for.

Just have to live with it until AVAYA comes out with a new feature that will popup a contact name like my $99 cell phone does when I get a call from a contact.

As I say it does, but carrier sent name takes priority and can't be changed :)

"No problem monkey socks

Ask your line provider if they are sending name and telephone number.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

he is correct, I have systems in ny, If I put a name in the directory, that's what I see on an inbound call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back