Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caller id name & number on option 61c rel 25.40

Status
Not open for further replies.

intiers

Vendor
Mar 3, 2003
US
pri circuit is from verizon they claim they are sending me name and number. d channel is setup as ess5. number is displayed to sets but not name. when i monitor the d channel i only see number not name. do i need a partiular package to see name. do i have to setup rcap for name
any help would be greatly appriciated

name display is not available to an 5e switch at this time. There has been some work with qsig and name display but I don't beleive the 5e switch has that option.

Is your interface ni2 or ess5, The one that is working I would like to know that. From my understanding 25.40 does support name and number but with ni2 interface. Let me know.

Check your D-Channel Set-up.

If both sides are Meridian there should be a configuration called RCAP ND2 in the D-Channel.

An other thing to chekc is the PNI in the CDB and the proper route data block. They should be the same on both switches.

Hope this helps.

Actually, the RCAP should be NDS (Name Display Service) for NI-2.

Kris

If the CO has RLS 14 call name will appear on inbound calls but outbound calls will not on a 5ess switch I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back