Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID lost when transferred internally

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnmsnyder

Vendor
Nov 15, 2006
US
Hi guys. Got a weird one. IPO 500V2 running 9.0.4 with VMPro and a PRI. Caller ID is shown when the call initially comes in but when it is transferred to another extension the original caller id is being replaced with the name and ext. of the person transferring the call. This is a random thing. It doesn't matter if the call is transferred with a user button or manually dialed. It happens on some phones and not others but it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it will show the correct caller id on visual voice when a message is left other times it shows the info of the person who did the transfer. There doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern or common denominator. Any ideas? I'm thinking about just running a software upgrade but I thought I'd get some input from you guys first. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas you may have.

What kind of phones?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

9.0 is up to 9.0.12 so upgrading is a good idea in general for you.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back