Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALLER ID INFO INTERMITTENTLY WORKING THROUGH ATA2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasRite

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2006
CA
We have a MICS system with an installed CI card that allows the caller ID to work. We have a Sanyo Portable phone with caller ID connected to an ATA2 with all the programming set as Caller ID:Y (both under the EXT and the line). The caller ID sometimes shows between the first and second ring on the portable but most times it does not work even when caller ID is working on other phones. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I was under the impression that the ATA2 doesn't support CID

I don't know whether or not the ata2 supports caller Id. It would be handy if it did. I can only say that my experience with norstar caller id is that it needs two full rings before the system answers in order for it to receive the caller id data from the telco. I am no expert but with norstar automated attendants, I have had to change from answering on zero rings to be answering after 2 rings or the caller id data doiesn't get to the system. I understand other phones are working but have you tried testing with more rings from telco before the system answers?

Is the incoming call ring on all extensions? or the call only goes to one extension?

TedTheITGuy: No AA is connected to system. All Norstar phones receive CID and the ATA receives it on the analog CID device connected to it about 30% of the time. Its all manual answer and generally gets answered after giving up on seeing the CID info on the ATA device. Typically lines are answered on 4th ring.

cain12: Yes, the incoming CO line rings on all extensions, all are set to Appear & Ring and all are set to accept CID info both in Line and Ext areas of programming.

ATA's do not pass caller id info, Check to to see if the Sanyo is wired directly to a line.

The ata2 units do pass cli to the handsets. I would try a different handset. If the fault is still there, then I think you may have an intermittent fault with your ata unit.

THE ATA2 DOES NOT PASS CLID OR SUPPORT DISCONNECT SUPERVISION!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back