Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

coop333

Vendor
Jan 26, 2004
US
I have a MICS 6.0 with PRI. On a particular M7324 set I am having trouble getting the caller ID to work. The set has several DID line appearances on it. When I go under the heading Telco features for this set I normally have a choice of setting caller ID to yes or no for each line on the set. On this phone I don't even get that option just the external message option comes up only. What am I overlooking is there somewhere else I forgot to allow caller ID for this set that when I change it will then give the options for the lines. Thanks

First question that I have to answer is that even though you have several DID line appearances on the telephone do these appearances ring? If the appearance is not set to ring in terminals & Sets then the caller ID will not show on that telephone. beyond that it is pretty much default on target lines.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Thanks for responding Jerry and yes they are set to appear and ring.

are you looking under: Lines/ telco features
or
T&S/ telco features

As it would be under T&S.

I am looking at Telco features under T&S and it will show me all the lines assigned to the phone but when you show each line there is no option for caller ID yes or no just external message. Thanks

Are these target lines assigned to A&R at another set that is already the CLID set for those lines?

Yes with the exception of one target line that belongs to this set only. But when I show that line under Telco Features it does not have the calller ID option either.

is the target line public or pvt to some other extension?

All the target lines are public if I remember right but I will double check.

the caller ID should show. I don't think that there is a CLID setting for target lines.

suggestions:

dump the target line programming for that set entirely get out of programming and then back in. and re-build it.

make the target line private to pull any other appearances of the target line that might be causing you problems.

swap out 7324 set with a 7310 and see if clid shows. then swap 7324 back in.

if this still fails try testing the target line with another set that you know is working correctly now with a different target line, try putting a target line you know is working onto the 7324 to see if the clid will follow or not.

good luck

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Thanks for the input everyone. I will try all that Jerry and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back