Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID during Route Filter for Least Cost Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2008
CallManager 4.1, using a route filter to direct long distance calls from one location to the router in the city of the destination phone number to use the FXO ports lines for calls to save on toll charges.

This is working great, except the caller ID on the receiving party is not correct. I have check the boxes and completed the outside number to display but am still having issues. The caller ID shows the default number for the office the call is routed out of.

Anyone know where this number is set and how to bypass..thanks in advance..

You can't change the CLDI on an FXO port. The CLID the caller will get is the CLID of the line plugged into it. The CLID is set by the telco, not by CallManager.

Thanks for this confirmation. When I spoke with my Telco 'One Communications' they informed that that they only control the name on the caller ID and not the phone number. I will contact them to double check...

I've been in Telco for 33 years. Never heard of a CO that let's you push CLID on an analog circuit.

Sorry to say but I did not forgot that this is a PRI line and not FXO.

Also if I take the route filtering off and the call goes out from my local router the callid is working fine.

Just not finding anything in CM on this. thanks

A PRI is an entirely different ballgame. A Route Filter is not going to affect your CallerID though. Check your RP and be sure they are the same. If the local RP with a PRI works fine then copy it, add your Route Filter and change the Route List to point to your intended PRI.

thank you for the tip. What I found was that my predecessor had check the 'Use Calling party External phone number mask' but had filled the 'Calling party tranform mask' with a number that must over ride the check box. Once I removed the numbers from the transform mask, all is good.

thanks to everyone on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back