Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2010
AW
We have a scenario in a hospitality environment where in the vicinity of elevator doors there is a Mitel 5304 telephone, pranksters use this phone to randomly call a room number.

As soon as they dial the room number they get to see the room number name. We want to be able to suppress the caller line identification.

Any help would be appreciated, we don't want to go in and change the phone.

Make it a hotline to the operator.

I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream has gone from me.

If you question is regarding a 3300 there is a Class of Service option in the newer software "Suppress Delivery of Caller ID between Sets" that could be turned on for the room phones COS.

Piggy Backing on mitelguy88

If you question is regarding a 3300 (or a SX200) there is a Class of Service option in the newer software "Suppress Delivery of Caller ID between Sets" that could be turned on for the room phones COS.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

would that not prevent the room name being shown to room service , front desk etc ?

I think the only method would be to replace the phone with a non display model .
does the lobby phone have to be able to dial the rooms at all ?
you could use interconnect restriction to stop that and only allow it to call admin type extensions

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Making a tel directory entry private hide the name?

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

@Billz66
[pre]
These are the options on the SX200

Station/Set: Allow My Number to be Displayed ENABLED 507
Station/Set: Show Internal Numbers on My Phone ENABLED 508

These are the options on the 3300 (I think these only apply to External Caller ID)

Calling Name Display - Internal - ONS
Calling Number Display - Internal - ONS
[/pre]

So,if the system in question is a SX200 then you can simply disable 508 on the phone in question.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

From the Help file:

Any extension number in the system telephone directory can be designated as private so that the number is not displayed on other users' telephones.

During a call, a caller's name and number normally appear in the display of the called set. However, if the caller's directory number is programmed as private, only the caller's name appears. Private numbers are not displayed on other telephones during any call processing state. In addition, users cannot use the Phonebook directory to display private numbers or call users with private numbers. They also cannot call private numbers using the Redial feature; however, they can use the Redial Saved Number feature.

Private numbers are displayed on attendant consoles. An icon of a lock appears in the attendant console display to indicate that the number is private. Attendant consoles can also display private numbers in the Phonebook.

NOTE: Privacy for guest room extensions is provided by a Class of Service option, Suppress Delivery of Name and Number Between Sets. Using the COS option provides more privacy by also suppressing the extension user's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back