Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishDeval

Vendor
Jan 27, 2005
US
I just installed a CI card in my customers MICS and they have all M7310 telephones. I went through the programming and think I have everything set correctly but when a call comes in the Caller ID info only displays after the call is picked up. Have I missed something to make it show on the display before having to pick up the ringing line? All phones are set to (Appear & Ring) and call log as well.

Older than 6.1 only one phone can see CLID while ringing and that is under the line settings if 6.1 or higher each set has to be told in the set programming under TELCO and under each line set CLID to Y.

Ok, The software version is 5 do i require 6.1 softwear to recieve caller id on all phone sets?

I haven't found anything that says the software must be 6.1 or higher. They have 5.0 software and I believe I have installed CLID in systems with 4.1 in the past and it worked. Is there a link you can give me to read up on the software requirement? Thanks

I have also found that a CI card can be used as far back as an 8X24 with a 12X0 cabinet. 6.1 software wasn't out for the 8X24 so I don't see why it wouldn't work with a MICS with 5.0 software?

I don't have a link. I can tell you that all versions of CICS will auto display caller ID, but the MICS only allows this feature at R6.1 and higher. Lower versions could only auto display at one extension per line. All other users must use F811. There was a workaround on earlier versions by putting all ringing phones into a hunt group and then assign the group DN as the caller ID set.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back