Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID Component

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pontelo

Programmer
Dec 18, 2001
BR
Hi People !
Some of you has a Caller ID component ?
Specially one that works with voice modems, very common and
cheap today.
Tks in advance.

I too am interested in this subject.

I would like my application (Delphi 5) to be able to recognise when incoming calls are received and display the phone numbers on the computer screen. (The numbers would also be searched for in a database and other info displayed too).

The info is already displayed on the phone when it rings - I just have no idea how you could display it on the computer screen.

My first thoughts were that extra hardware would be required connected to the PC.

Baz

gcaramia
Caller ID Didn´t work. I used a Voice Modem (2 different models). I used a sample example that came with packet. Sometimes i got events firing, sometimes no (modems seems dumb). Phone number I never saw anyway. My line is with activated ID. I don´t know if here, in Brazil, patterns are different. I think i´ll search another product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back