Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID change for CDP listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AspenMan

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2007
US
I usually use LD 95 to change Caller ID on Nortel numbers in our CS1000. One number will not let me. The CS1000 tells me that it is a CDP number which I know very little about and will not let me change the Caller ID for that number. I can't even print out a TN for the number. Anyone have any suggestions on how to change the Caller ID for a CDP listing?

CDP stands for Co-ordinated Dialing Plan and you cannot assign a name to it. It has to do with routing numbers usually over tie lines and does not have a TN associated with it. LD 87 is where you can go to print out the entry.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

There would be a way if you insist on naming that Number
You could change the solution to a 'Phantom TN' number, then give it a name and have it CFWD (CallForwarded)to your destination or have an ACD Number with MAXP 1 / NCFW (to destination)

Cheers!!

I figured it out. The phone in question is a 3903 and actually resides on secondary cs1000 at the location of the phone and not on our main cs1000. I can change the name at the secondary location.

Thanks for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back