Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID Blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix0319

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2003
CA
Hi, I am using VoIP and for some reason i cannot block the Caller ID info at the receiving end. The code that I use is below as well as the Class of Service. When i used *967 + phone # the receiving end displays a different number(I dont know where the heck it came from!) and that phone # cannot be called. Am I missing something here?
I am fairly new to Nortel and I'll greatly appreciate if you could help me out.
Thanks!

CLS CTD DTN FBD XFA WTA THFD FNA HTD ONS
LPR XRA AGRD CWD SWD PUA MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHD SLKD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6A CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXD ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFD CPTD DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3
USRD BNRD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUS CNAA PGND FTTC CDMR

DN *967
TYPE FFC
FEAT CPP

DN *99
TYPE FFC
FEAT CPPO

Check with your T1 provider. If no CLID is sent they could be inserting a billing number.

Well, we are the Telco actually. Where can I find the billing # on the switch? What LD should I go into?

You are not going to find the billing number in the PBX. That would be on your telephone bill. Contact your billing department to find this.

John

and not to sound cynical, but I think it's going to be interesting how the internal PBX tech is going to be treated by the LEC, which is still the same company.

You need to let us know if you get the same responses as the rest of us.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back