Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID Activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electproud

Systems Engineer
Oct 1, 2023
SA
Hello,

I have issue with the Avaya system as for caller ID as it is not showing in the Telephone.

I have an analogue trunk connected to IPO500v2 control unit but does not show the caller ID on digital extensions and IP phones.

IP office manager 11.0.4

When I called by phone and dial the extension number, the Avaya 1608-I will show me as "external" Only without showing the phone number.

How can I activate the Caller ID,

I am new to the Avaya system

Has your provider enabled caller ID on the trunk? You can test by plugging an analogue phone directly into the trunk.

In manager-line analogue trunk - analogue options I think the default trunk type is loop start but you need to change to loop start ICLID.

Let us know what you find.

As a rule of thumb, the IPO cannot hide caller ID information even if you want to hide it.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

@ipohead

thank you for your response.

Yes the loop start ICLID is activated.

how ever for some trunk is showing "external" without the number.

other trunk is sometime showing the caller ID and sometime is not showing, only "external".

@Westi

This is what happen with me.

Open SSA and look at a call that comes in, you can also enable the trace all in the analog trunks and then you should see the caller ID if it is sent. If not then your provider is not sending it.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back