Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller form the PSTN sometimes doesn't hear the agents. CS1000E avaya aura Contac center 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel1981

Programmer
Apr 9, 2010
PE
Hi guys, hope some can help me.

We have this issue with the callers who sometimes can not hear the agents when the call to the PBX.

The problem is intermittently and we have notice that everytime the call fails, the caller doesn't hear a ring back and even when we catch the scenario and at the moment the agent dial the pound key, the caller doesn't hear any sound, in contrast the agent does hear the corresponding sound when the caller dials any aditional digits.

Hope I would've been clear and any information you need pls just ask for it.
thanks in advance

If this is a voip system. The most common cause of one way conversations is the wrong gateway ip address on one of your dsp boards.

Thanks for your reply Wane47

The PBX has Ip phones for administrative people but the majority of the contac center phones are 3905 and there are only two Ip phones working in contac center.

the test I did, was logged me in one 3905 set and direct did calls to this DN. Then after making some calls one of them enter with problems. I can hear the caller but he does not. Another thing we have noticed is that if the caller presses any key of the phone after the call stablishes I can hear the sounds from those keys, but when I do the same thing the caller does not hear anything. And this is only when the call fails, because when the call enter without problem both sites the local and remote can hear each other even when both press any key after the call stablishes.

thank in advance and I hope I'd been cleared.

sounds like dodgy DSP's, but without knowing your setup a bit hard to direct you. 1. whats your sys type, 2, what is the full call flow eg cc6 -->call pilot?--> Agent?, 3. If Call Pilot involved what is platform & S'ware level. 4. call comes in via what type of line/circuit.

Lots of questions but the more info you can provide the more we all maybe able to assist.

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

First, Thank you Phones1 for your reply.

about your questions:

1.- the type of the system is CS1000E release 7.5

2.- The call enters by an E1 circuit, then the call server using a CDN, next the CCMS, and finaly the is forward to the agents.

3.- We don't have a call pilot.

4.- We're using a E1 circuit.

We have made some troubleshooting issues. We changed the PRI card and reroute calls in the PSTN to make calls enter by other E1 circuit, but nothing changed.

Just to give more information to you, we have all the DN agents in the same cabinet that the E1 circuit.

hope I'd have been clear.

thank in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back