Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxadmin124

Programmer
Mar 16, 2008
US
Is ther a way to set up a caller app that prompts the user to enter a 5 digit extension???

Is the system using 5 digit mailbox numbers?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Then you can just build a caller app and put the greeting in it to tell users to dial the 5 digit number.

Am i missing something? can you describe how you want this to work?

Ken Means

Hi Ken, I want callers to be able to enter any 5 digit extension on the system. This would be a transfer to extension correct? If so is there a wildcard for the transfer?

No wild card. Is it not letting you dial numbers that do not have a mailbox or what is not working right?

Ken Means

I currently am using Vectoring to route calls. We want to eliminate the vectors and have Caller apps handle the requests. This is all new to me. I upgraded from Intuity to the Modular Messaging Server last Friday. All is well so far. I am just trying to figure out how to mirror the vectors with caller apps.

Im not sure what your vectors are doing but in regards to caller apps, just create a caller application and make sure you set it to Menu with Extension and this should allow users to dial the extension numbers.

The Radio Revolution has begun....
Avaya Certified Expert
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Juniper Certified Internet Associate
Microsoft Certified Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back