Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Called Party Transformation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankyway

Technical User
Dec 20, 2002
CL
We have an external contractor providing a service, which involves providing an internal ext for users to call. So I have set up a route pattern to forward these calls out into the PSTN.

Route Pattern 6666.
Discard digits: predot
Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls): 9001xxxxxx

My problem is that the external contractor's real number comes up on the user display,
How can I get 6666 to come up on the display instead.

Try this. Instead of a RP, use a CTI port. Set it up with 6666 as the DN and then CFWD All to the contractors number. You need to put a CSS on the CFWD All that is allowed to dial out side the system. Alerting fields put the 6666 number so that a caller will see the 6666.

I'm not sure this will work but give it a try.

i believe it will have the same outcome as a route pattern but I could be wrong.
You might have to use mobility if your ccm version supports it, otherwise the call forward number will be be visible to the caller.

Try putting "6666" in the Calling Party Transform Mask of the Route Pattern.

Okay, I appreciate your feedback,
Drother, All that achieved was adding a 6666 to the end of the dialled number, so that didn't work.

pndscm: I have used your method, but instead of a CTI Port, I have added 6666 in the directory numbers, used the alerting name of Helpdesk, and then call forwarded to the external number from there.
It masks the dialled number with the ascii "Help Desk" until it is connected and then the real number is exposed.

I guess that will have to do for now.

Once Again Many Thanks for taking the time to reply.

there is a setting under the enterprise services that says show origianl dialed number, check that.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back