Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Called party does not receive # when pressed the first time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogBiscuits

Technical User
May 25, 2007
US
Opt11C Rls 25.40b
Analog Grd Start Trunks
M3903 & M2008 Sets

When users call an off PBX Conference Bridge they are prompted to enter their pass code them press #.

When the press # nothing happens. If they press it again it works.

I turned on the call timer on the 3903 and noticed that the call timer doesn't start until I press # the first time.

For testing purposes I called an Asterisk System conference bridge and it worked fine. Also, the call timer started as soon as the asterisk system answered.

I called a call pilot to check Voicemail and the call timer started even before Call Pilot answered and # worked.

Unless the call timer starts the # key does not work, it only starts the call timer. It would appear that the system does not know that the call has been answered on the far end and therefore when users press the # key it completes the call. This would explain the call timer oddities.

This has only been happening for about a week and no one knows of any changes. I have a call into the carrier too.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

EOD timer in the RDB, or you can just press # after you dial the Conference Bridge number then enter the passcode and #

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I set SUPN=yes on the Trunks, but it had no affect.

I changed the EOD timer and that fixed it.

Thanks to you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back