Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Called ID Hookup on a Norstar 6/16 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a Call Identifacation Interface (CII)(NT8B88FA) unit that I'm trying to connect to my 6/16 KSU. I was told that the unit is installed with the 1st pair is the CO line and the next pair is the KSU line. Then repeat for the next 5 lines.

There are two hardwire points on this unit that I think should be connect to some kind of power supply.

Does someone know how this unit is connect to the system and if I need a power supply for it?

Any information would be helpfull. Thanks.

no power supply needed
1st 6 pairs of 25 pr cable are for bridging the 6 lines
use t connectors or a bix 2a block for duplicating co lines
co line to dup then one to ksu and one to CII
hook any station port to screw terminals were you
wanted to hook power supply to

unit will still need programming changes in ksu to work

woodwardbrad@hotmail.com

OK, I have connected it as a T and my lines work again. I connected DN34 to the unit.
I have been fooling around with the programming for DN34 and I think I had it working once!
Thank's so much for your help, and if you have any other wise words on wisdom that might out me further ahead on this would be very helpfull. Thanks again.

if i recall properly you have to go into call services
under general admin and asign log space etc.
good luck

make sure your unit is the rite one
c6 for 6-16 dr5 m8 for 8x24 dr5
dr5 software only

Yep, It's the right. It's a C6 for my 6-16 DR5.
I did manage to get the ID to come thru. First just when I picked up a line on any set. With a little more effort I got it to display then number on DN 21 before line pick-up and on all sets after pick-up.

Do you know if I can get it to display the information on all sets before pick-up? Been trying whit no luck.

You won`t be able to get it to automatically display the info on all sets, only the one, before pick up. However, any telephone that has ringing lines can enter Feature 811 before they answer and they will get the info.

Schlum

Well that will do.

Thank you all for your help and keep up the great work.

you can program a feature button and lable it info for other ringing sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back